ZG778 H-Hope 1435Flt, RAF Mount Pleasant, Falklands Islands mid-2009 – based on the 1:72 Hasegawa Tornado F3 with a few extras.
I added the following
- 2x Aires MB10A ejector seats.
- Outer rails on the underwing pylons (the kit only comes with the inners).
- AIM-9 replaced with ASRAAM.
- External chaff/flair dispensers added (Air-Graphics Op.Granby ones tweaked slightly).
- Replaced inner stbd rail with a BOL rail (not 100% accurate but borrowed from a Harrier kit).
- Pitot tube replaced with a brass one.
- Rounded off the tail profile as the Hasegawa is far to square at the front.
- Airwaves dropped flap and slat wings.
- Airwaves photo-etch kit (For Italeri) used to update the rear cockpit (kit has a GR1 rear panel!), side pitots and canopy interior and mirrors.